Hello Students and Families,
In order to comply with recommendations from the CDC and WHO regarding social distancing (3 feet) – and because its impossible to keep this distance in our studios due to the nature of private lessons – we teachers have decided that all teachers will need to conduct their lessons remotely through the end of next week (March 20th). We’re taking this step alongside similar programs in Portland.
We hope that all students will participate in remote lessons as we all rely on this income and it’s difficult for a small business to absorb this loss. Your teacher will be in touch with more information and to address which platform they’ll be using (FaceTime, Skype, or Duo). Please scroll through to our remote lessons tips, and be sure to email me if you have any questions or concerns.
The school is closed the following week for Spring Break (March 22-27), and we will asses what action we will take for the week of March 30th at that time.
I understand that there will be questions, so please reach out if you need anything.
Sarah Collins I Owner, Manager
*Here are some tips to make the most of your remote lesson:
- Get set up prior to the start time and do a test.
- Make sure your device is charged.
- Set up so that your teacher can see your instrument and your hands (varies depending on instrument).
- Make sure to have your music, a pencil, and any other materials usually provided by the studio or your teacher.
- Do your best to tune up before you call!
Please email me if you need any help getting set up! -Sarah